<< Back to Articles
In more ways than one, South Scottsdale, Old Town Scottsdale, The Shea Corridor and North Scottsdale brings out a unique, different side to Arizona
More Than Meets The Eye at Scottsdale Arizona
Feb 13, 2014
Arizona is more than just desert and outdoors. Meet Scottsdale, a city at the eastern part of Maricopa County in Arizona where it is dubbed as a desert version of Miami’s South Beach. This city is buzzing with lots of nightlife and an active clubbing scene, and is the sixth largest city in the state.
There are basically four different areas in Scottsdale: South Scottsdale, Old Town Scottsdale, Central Scottsdale and North Scottsdale.
- South Scottsdale: As the home of the new research center for Arizona State University, South Scottsdale is a city with the most working class in Scottsdale.
- Old Town Scottsdale: Recently experiencing a revival, this part of Scottsdale is home to many old fashion stores, bars, nightclubs, restaurants and western-styled art galleries which features things from the cowboy era. The cultural district of Scottsdale is also located in this district, with one of the largest malls in United States located here called Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall.
- The Shea Corridor: Many resorts and high-desired residentials are located in this area of Scottsdale.
- North Scottsdale: Most of the big corporations are located here, as well as many of the most expensive homes in Arizona.
Nightlife in Scottsdale
To experience the best nightlife in Arizona, Scottsdale is the place to be. With many different high-end nightclubs, hotels, bars and lounges, and restaurants, rental bus visitors will just be spoilt for choice.
Most of the night spots are located at Downtown Scottsdale, especially between Camelback and Osborn roads. This area provides a vibrant and buzzing night scene since many of the major clubs and bars are along the street and of walking distance.
Popular Events in Scottsdale
Since this city prides itself in rich Western history, there are many interesting events that are western-styled organized at Scottsdale that mini bus visitors would enjoy. Some of the ones not to be missed are:
- Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show: Features more than 300 vendors and booths, and over 25 demonstrations and shows featuring beautiful Arabian horses.
- Scottsdale Jaycees Parada del Sol: A month-long event held annually where cowboys and cowgirls from all over the nation converge to participate in this event. Not to be missed is the Parada del Sol where you can see the largest horse-drawn parade in the world.
- Barrett-Jackson Auto Show: Held every January, this is a must-visit event for auto enthusiasts and collectors.
Make your trip easy and worthwhile by renting a charter bus to Scottsdale. Call 1-888-548-0478 or 480-339-0820 for a quote or to reserve your bus.